After hearing the "12 Pains of Christmas" and getting a chuckle, here is a list of 12 quotes from my childhood, usually from my Mom. My four younger brothers will remember many of them I'm sure:
12. "Stop shaking those presents!"
11. "Don't you dare go into the attic / basement / bedroom closet / car!"
10. "Will you PLEASE stop putting the baby Jesus on TOP of the manger?!"
9. " Place the tinsel strand by strand, DO NOT just throw a handful!"
8. "Wait 'til your father gets home!"
7. "Please take the cat off the tree".
6. "Santa won't come unless you are asleep"
5. (On Christmas morning at about 5 AM): "NOBODY is to move past the top step and proceed to the living room until Daddy has turned on the (heat, tree lights, movie camera, coffee)"
4. "Unwrap your little brother right this minute; no, you can't give him to the Salvation Army"
3. "No, you can't eat chocolate Santas for breakfast".
2. "Please let the cat/your little brother out of that box right this minute, I don't care if it has air holes!"
1. "So much preparation, and it is over so fast"