Saturday, September 17, 2011

Two More Reasons to have a Crappy Attitude

1.  Mandatory flu shots, or wear a mask from December 1 to the end of March for every employee whether they work in a clinical area or not (note: the docs are not employed by the hospital).  It's not that I object to getting a flu shot per se,  I simply have a problem with authority.

2. My co-workers have decided to do the schedule through MID JANUARY, so as to get their holiday requests in.    I can't stand it.  I am boycotting the schedule until Halloween.

3 comments:

Alpine, R.N. said...

You guys too? I have to be careful to schedule my shot so i dont have work the next day cause i get a fever...
Yeah, we up at Northern New England's Finest Academic Medical Center have the same program...wait...the docs DONT have to get vacced? NO FAIR!

AtYourCervix said...

I get serum sickness from the flu vaccine. I refuse to get it. Otherwise, I will truly be out of commission for a few weeks.

EDNurseasauras said...

Of course the clipboards will take your medical or religious exemption with proper documentation and monitor mask compliance. Mask Nazis? Immediate termination is threatened for mask non-compliance.