Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dear (fill in the blank), an Open Letter



Dear Parent who Smells Like an Ashtray:


Get real. When I ask you if your asthmatic child is exposed to second hand smoke at home and you reply no, please know that I think you are full of shit. You may claim to only smoke outside your home, but I will be needing a nebulizer treatment after spending three minutes in your presence. You reek, as does your child who is presently wheezing like an old Chevy.

It is your choice to improve your chances of developing lifelong respiratory ailments and/or lung cancer; it is not your child's. Grow the fu#k up.

And please refrain from the sob story about not being able to afford your child's inhaler, it just lacks authenticity when butts are over $5.00 per pack.

Yes, I know the irony is lost on you.

Disdainfully,

EDNurseasauras

6 comments:

Robert said...

I love it. Some parents are the biggest douchebags.

I'm pretty sure they're born that way, judging from my classmates who bitch about $15 pinning dues whilst sipping on a venti Starbucks.

EDNurseasauras said...

I agree; douchieness must be genetic.

Anonymous said...

We are starting an E-Newsletter and I would love to advertise your blog in our first edition going out this month. I think our network would really enjoy your content. How can I contact you to explain further? Thank you!!

Melissa
www.rnpathways.com
623-872-2414
melissa@pathwaysplatform.com

Anonymous said...

sorry for the stuffy email, I'm not sure how else to contact you. :) and when I just read that back it sounded awful. Please email me your contact info.

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Ha. So true. The other night I stepped into my hospital's elevator with a woman who reeked of cigarette smoke. I could barely stand to be in that enclosed space with her and not gag. I asked her how she was doing (to be polite), and she went on and on about how awful it was that her kid had to spend the night in peds blah blah blah. "Asthma attack?" I asked. She was surprised that I had figured that out by myself. Obviously she had no idea how badly she stunk. Some poor kids never have a chance.

EDNurseasauras said...

I know, I feel badly for some of these kids. Doomed.